Binary to Hex converter
Easily convert binary numbers to hexadecimal with our convenient online tool. Whether you have a binary string or a series of binary digits, our converter can accurately convert it into hexadecimal format. Simply input the binary number and let our converter do the rest. It supports both unsigned and signed binary numbers, providing flexibility for different applications.
What is Binary to Hex converter
A Binary to Hex converter is a tool that allows you to convert binary numbers (base-2) into hexadecimal numbers (base-16). The binary system uses only two digits, 0 and 1, while the hexadecimal system uses sixteen digits, 0 to 9 and A to F.
Here's how a Binary to Hex converter typically works:
- Input the binary number you want to convert.
- Group the binary digits into sets of four, starting from the rightmost digit. If the number of digits is not a multiple of four, pad the left side with zeros to complete the groupings.
- Replace each group of four binary digits with their corresponding hexadecimal digit.
- 0000 = 0
- 0001 = 1
- 0010 = 2
- 0011 = 3
- 0100 = 4
- 0101 = 5
- 0110 = 6
- 0111 = 7
- 1000 = 8
- 1001 = 9
- 1010 = A
- 1011 = B
- 1100 = C
- 1101 = D
- 1110 = E
- 1111 = F
- Concatenate the hexadecimal digits obtained in step 3 to form the final hexadecimal representation.
- Converting the binary number 110101 to hexadecimal would be calculated as: 1101 01 -> D 5 -> D5.
Binary to Hex converters are commonly used in computer programming, digital systems analysis, and networking. They are available as online tools, calculator applications, or programming language functions for convenient conversion between binary and hexadecimal representations.
How to convert binary to hex
Convert every 4 binary digits (start from bit 0) to 1 hex digit, with this table:
Convert binary 11011002 to hex:
Convert every 4 binary bits (from bit0) to hex digit:
11011002 = 110 1100 = 6 C = 6C16